View Single Post
Franner

Member Since May 2019
1 hugs
given
Default May 28, 2019 at 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saidso View Post
Your initial response to my post made me feel like all I'd achieved was irritating you? But something funny happened yesterday which might perhaps encourage you. There is a local woman (next street to mine) who I met at an event. There was a spark and she invited me to dinner - "just give me your phone number and availability and I will send a date". I was away immediately afterwards so dropped a postcard round the her address with my details. She works variable shifts so her husband took the post card. She texted me a brief acknowledgement and then nothing happened. Nothing happened and nothing happened except my sadness and hurt feelings. That was December/ January.! Yesterday I met her by chance in the street and she explained that she had been sick, her mum had been sick, she changed her working hours and workplace, everything went haywire in her life. Having worked variable shifts myself, I totally believe her. So we will have dinner next weekend - six months later lol.

Perhaps that's not the same as online, but all the same emotions of self-judgement came into play for me.
I'm glad you've finally been able to arrange to meet, saidso. And I also hope meeting her is not delayed anymore. This is not my first time waiting for someone's reply, I'm still waiting for an old schoolmate to ask me to meet him. After the graduation ceremony, we talked about our lives and one of the things I told him is that I didn't have many friends and that I hardly left home. He told me that he didn't know that and that he would call me someday to meet and he would gladly chat with me whenever I wanted. We chatted a lot via text and I always asked him if he could, because I didn't want to look eager. Until he started to say he was too busy to chat. I tried the next day, and the next, and the next, and so on. The same answer every single time. That was three years ago, in the summer of 2016. A year later I saw him at the train station and he greeted me. I was expecting him to say something about meeting, but nothing happened. He just left after saying "hello" to me. I sometimes even dream that he replies me. So I understand the feeling of not being replied.

By the way, what do you mean you feel like your post irritate me? I sometimes can sound too negative, especially when deciding whether I should do something or not. But it definitively didn't irritate me. Actually, I thank any shared personal experience because before creating this thread I thought I was alone but now I see that I'm not.

Okay, I've just sent him a message saying "Hello [his name]. How are you doing? It's been a while!". If he doesn't reply, I seriously don't know what to do.
I'll let you know once he replies or if he takes too long again.
Franner is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky, unaluna

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky