View Single Post
lizardlady
Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,523 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 28, 2019 at 08:37 PM

Lark, is Elwood inspired by Elwood P. Dowd in Harvey?

Okay, critter names are.....

BG (dog) BG stands for either Big Goof or Big Guy. I sometimes run the letters together and call him Beeg or Beeger.

Boomer (cat) I had him several weeks trying to figure out his name. He was real standoffish until one night when we had a bad thunder storm. There was a big boomer of thunder and he ran over and jumped in my lap. Instant naming.

Abby (cat) named for Abby on NCIS. I like the character and the name fits her though she's not goth.

Dobby (cat) Harry Potter fans will recognize the name of Dobby the house elf who followed Harry around saying "Harry Potter. Harry Potter." My Dobby had/has the same clingy/wanting attention behavior.

Mikey (cat) he is an orphaned rescue I got when he was about two weeks old. One night this itty bitty kitty started bellowing at me. I turned around and said "Well aren't you a Motor Mouth Mikey?" He's part Maine Coon which is an indication of what talker he is.

Ollie (cat) Anyone watch Arrow on TV? The main character is named Ollie. My Ollie has an arrow on his tummy that points at his non-existent privates. What can I say? I have a warped sense of humor.

Miette (cat) while she is quite rough and tumble, she is also a sweet little thing. Miette is French for sweet little thing.

Kieran (horse) It's Irish for little dark one. He is a grey horse with interesting black smudges on his face and neck.

(my ancestry is French and Irish among other things.)

Hen-rietta (chicken) A really bad pun! Hey, I said I have a strange sense of humor!

I don't have any names picked out for future pets. I believe that once they come to live with me their name will become apparent.
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote