View Single Post
Lrad123
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
372 hugs
given
Default May 29, 2019 at 09:08 AM

Thank you all for your responses. I see my therapist later today and will likely talk about all of this a little bit. I like the idea that someone said about just telling him that I don’t think emailing him is helpful to me and I’d like his help stopping.

I’ve also been thinking about the content of emails. I’ve been emailing him much less over the past couple of months. Sometimes I just send a brief thank you because I think it’s good to acknowledge when a session was helpful to me and I don’t often notice this until after I’ve left. In my job, it feels good when people thank me and I assume it’s the same for anyone else including a therapist.

The more vulnerable emails, though, are ones where I complain or disagree with him about something and then I feel bad about it afterwards even though it was satisfying to hit the send button. These are the ones that are harder to bear without a response. So maybe there’s something there. I don’t know. When I’ve talked briefly in the past about no longer emailing he looks perplexed as if to assure me that he’s not asking me to stop. But this time I’d like to stop.
Lrad123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LonesomeTonight