Anne2.0
Grand Magnate

Member Since Aug 2012
129 hugs
given
Default May 29, 2019 at 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrad123 View Post
The more vulnerable emails, though, are ones where I complain or disagree with him about something and then I feel bad about it afterwards even though it was satisfying to hit the send button. These are the ones that are harder to bear without a response. So maybe there’s something there. I don’t know. When I’ve talked briefly in the past about no longer emailing he looks perplexed as if to assure me that he’s not asking me to stop. But this time I’d like to stop.
Rhetorical question: can you tell others when you complain or disagree with them in real time? Especially people who are your peers or if you have them, bosses or the like. Could you do this with your parents as a child or with your mother as an adult, before you stopped your relationship altogether with her? These questions may be things you've all worked out but I think you might gather some clues in understanding your "negative" interactions with people. My guess is that mostly you don't complain to others because you don't ask or expect very much from them, and you gave your mother the boot from your life because either you couldn't complain to her, or she didn't respond appropriately to complaints.
Anne2.0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Lrad123, susannahsays