View Single Post
cptsdwhoa
Veteran Member

Member Since Jul 2018
441 hugs
given
Default May 29, 2019 at 12:25 PM

The comments reminded me!

1. Yes, it can actually be pretty boring lol. Lots of watching t.v. or reading. There were day activities and visits with doctors, case workers, etc. but mostly boring (especially on the weekends).

2. I was generally quiet and out of the way or stayed in my room (and it annoyed me when the nurses tried to get me to talk or smile lol...I was SO not in the mood most of the time). There could be some minor disruption if other patients were having a hard time or got violent. However, there was always some on staff to take care of that (admittedly I was on of those people...tried to break a door down with a chair. Yeah...I was having a rough time that stay.) But honestly, mostly boring.

3. There were a couple of times when I didn't want to be discharged. I wasn't ready to have to deal with the world again. I got care and support in the hospital. I could get away from the world for a little bit and that was incredibly healing.

So, all to say that for me hospital stays really weren't that bad in and of themselves. I got the care I needed. I'm grateful that they were there in crisis.
cptsdwhoa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote