View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default May 29, 2019 at 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCrafter View Post
YAY!! Good for you! May I ask what topic the group is? If you prefer not to answer, I will respect your choice.
Actually, I ended up signing up for two. One is called a "Morning Write-In". That's basically people meeting up at a local cafe to dedicate the time to serious (or somewhat serious) writing projects. At the beginning, you briefly discuss your project, but then everyone mostly just focuses on their writing.

The second is something I don't want you/others to take the wrong way. It's called "Childfree Women of X". It's NOT a group of people who hate children. Not at all. We are simply a group of women who never had children for one reason or another, and wish to meet up with other women in the same situation for fun chat (likely not about children). Obviously, most women do have children, and their children (and later grandchildren) often become major focuses in their lives, understandably. But as a woman without any children, it can be slightly isolating. The name "Childfree" sounds negative, unfortunately. But "Childless" implies regret, where there may not be.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
wonderluster

Thanks for this!
Seafarer