View Single Post
Anonymous45634

Default May 29, 2019 at 09:37 PM

look for programs for people without mental illness as well..it's a wide world out there. do not limit yourself. i think that is part of the problem even with the forums here...get out, explore the world, the area around you...if you limit yourself to those who have the same illness just rehash the same stuff ...while that is good for a little bit, i believe it's not all the time.

i thin k after a while if all you do is dwell on your illness, your life becomes that illness. it's your focus..your dr appt's, your meds, your symptoms etc.

mingle with others. discuss other things..dare to talk about something other then your bipolar, or depression...it will take the focus off that and redirect you. use a different part of your brain..volunteer..learn new information, hike or walk, help out at an animal shelter...whatever....insert something new & exciting in your life. try new things. maybe just maybe...with the emphasis shifted you might find the severity of the illness shifting because you are devoting 100% of your attention to it.

disability gives you time. granted not always will you be able to be able do things. you will be ill at tiles, but other times..you will feel well enough to get out and try stuff. I've been out on disability for over 20 years..some physical and other mental issues. i didn't want to spend my time just waiting for death.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341, wonderluster

Thanks for this!
continuosly blue