View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
Default May 30, 2019 at 04:22 AM

Happy crafter when I first read this I thought: " I am an alcoholic in recovery and I was not a bully..." but then I had to think about it for a minute. The chaos I brought with me was the same as bullying. Accusing my husband of dumping my alcohol when I had forgotten where I hid it or drank it up, fighting, letting my middle daughter get in the middle of our fights. Taking off when I didnt get my way, spending money we didnt have on alcohol, the lying. It was emotional bullying. There was no physical violence but I attribute that to my gentle husband. Any other man might have lost it with me. Making the whole family revolve around my self centered needs, it was all a form of emotional hijacking/bullying. I have made amends for my behavior and apart from the sincere apologies I try to make living amends by showing them I am not the same person I used to be. For me that involved AA but its not that way for everyone. I know that I have traumatized them all in some way and my middle daughter especially has her own addiction problems. I mostly let go of the guilt because it serves no real purpose other than making me feel like garbage, and I am so grateful that I have been forgiven but no one was under any obligation to forgive me. I hurt many people and I am glad that I have been given the opportunity to show I am not like that anymore. Part of me wishes it have never happened but I am such a different person now part of me wonders if I would have gotten to this point without all that strife. I love who I am now. And I am fairly sure they love me for who I have become now. But I wish I could have avoided causing all that pain to get here. I always thought of bullying in a different way until I read this thread and now I realize that I was a bully too. Thank you for sharing this.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter, MuseumGhost, TunedOut

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter, MuseumGhost, TunedOut