Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2011
1,231 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 30, 2019 at 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xynesthesia2 View Post
It is hard for me to comprehend how someone can get so enmeshed for so long but I guess it's only me as I fail to relate to many other types of long-term interpersonal enmeshment and dependency also reported on this forum. I've grown to accept that it is just something I will probably never fully comprehend but can be very real/serious for many people (just like my substance addiction was for me).
i have such mixed feelings about reading your response, because on the one hand, i'm quite envious of those who've had the wherewithal or 'luck of the draw' to never have to experience the powerlessness, shame, fear and overall mind Fck experience of being enmeshed with someone, like i was with my ex-T for many years. i don't think i would ever wish this experience upon my worst enemy. but on the other hand, i now can look at this from a new perspective and have reached the point where i understand and embrace just how empowering and healing that this sh*%ty experince has been overall for me . as difficult as it was, there is no denying that this experince has been one of the main catalyst to my change and personal growth to a more fulfilling life. fortunately, on most days, i can honestly say that i'm quite content with this...it is what it is.
koru_kiwi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
here today, Xynesthesia2

Thanks for this!
here today, missbella, Quietmind 2, Xynesthesia2