Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 30, 2019 at 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCrafter View Post
My family bullied me so much I not only ended up clinically depressed and burdened with Complex PTSD, I became learning impaired and have traumatic amnesia. I have written what I remember from my childhood and it didn't even take 3 pages. The rest is locked up in my memory that I may never retrieve.

My family taught me to bully others and when I did, the behavior came out of nowhere. I remember one neighborhood girl I was horrid to. I remember saying to her what my mother and sisters said to me day in and day out. I made that poor child cry and I remember feeling bad about that. I didn't know what to do. I thought her behavior justified my talking to her the way I did.

That is just one snapshot of my background. I am not looking for sympathy. I am simply sharing why I became a bully like my mother and my sisters. I was their victim first, but I became a bully also. I would give anything if I could go back and change it.
HappyCrafter, Thanks for this thread and so many other good ones. Thanks for your example. I accept the "new you" and think that what you went through and realized may make you more enlightened than many, many people.

We all have done good and bad. Maybe sometimes the people who have been "bad" but turn their life around can be shining examples to others who need to change their ways. As long as we are alive, we can change. You are proof of that and I think so highly of you for overcoming so much!!!
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter, MuseumGhost