Elder

Member Since Jul 2017
9,930 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 30, 2019 at 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiuytl View Post
I come from a dysfunctional family, in which alcoholism and abuse have played significant roles. I have been a victim in many ways, but I am deeply conscious of how I myself have been formed by abuse and my stress, my coping mechanisms etc. have been perceived by people I loved as abusive.

I have had many frightening experiences with drinkers. Drunken people can be the most horrible people on earth. I am now visiting regularly a group of abstaining alcoholics. I am a bit of a curious figure, because I have mental problems, but am not an alcoholic, but I fell drawn to this circle, and always feel better and a little bit happier after the 90 minutes I have spent with them.

I feel like I am among the most gentle people on earth, there. It has something to do with being repentant, I think, and also the true nature and history of abuse of most alcoholics. By seeing the error in their former ways, they also learn to grapple all questions of guilt and abuse for the first time in their lives, I feel. I have no trouble believing that you are now a person who found her self, and a person to turn to, if one wants to experience relieve of pain instead of more pain and abuse.

@Poiuytl

I thank you for your kind words! I am happy you have a wonderful group to enjoy and benefit from!!

"Love you.
Take care of you.

Be true to you.

You are the only you,
you will ever know the best.

Reach for YOUR stars.

You can reach them better
than anyone else ever can."

Landon Clary Eason
Grateful Sobriety Fangirl Since 11-16-2007

Happy Sober Crafter
happysobercrafter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote