Member Since Nov 2002
81.3k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 30, 2019 at 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCrafter View Post
@ennie

Thank you for your feedback! I did not know how to manage my life successfully then. I sought relief; that is also why I drank and drugged. I am grateful to be an American and live in the US for many reasons, including the access to the social services I needed to get better.
Hey Happy Crafter,
I have to admit that in some (many?) ways I wish I lived in the USA rather than on the other side of the pond...
I have tried many times to find effective help or support for my CPTSD, GAD, major depression, social anxiety ... etc .... but in this particular forest .... I have not found what was or is offered of any help, in fact it has had a negative effect. I’m not putting the blame on me or on “them” .. it is what it is and I have to “deal” with it. I guess tbh the main reason now I don’t insist they help me is because I fear
traumatising my papa bear (my husband) as my CPTSD has already been made worse by the type of help offered ... and their labels. Sorry if this is negative or “whiny” - your post about being an American got me thinking.

I’m trying to heal by other methods, “self help” .. and “self care” which I am not good at

I’m sending hugs and positive thoughts, thanks so much for sharing

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter, MuseumGhost

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter