View Single Post
Rachelle1

Member Since May 2019
4 hugs
given
Default May 30, 2019 at 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by precaryous View Post
I had similar feelings. I can relate. I felt that no one understood me better than he did. I came to care about him in the beginning. I felt love- not romantic love or even any expectation that we would be a couple. But I felt such deep love, I wrote and even thanked him for letting me love him. It’s difficult to write this now, knowing what I know and knowing, now, what he planned to do ..and did.

I loved the person I *thought* he was! I didn’t love *him.*
Precaryous, I'm so sorry to hear all that . You have been through an awful lot.
He caused you such excrucating pain and trauma.
I do recognize that feeling of 'loving him'. Albeit your therapist seemed more charming at the surface (a 'feigned charm' of course) and more emotionally intelligent, hiding his true personality like a wolf in sheap clothes. How difficult that must have been, and it makes it almost unavoidable that you fell into his trap. He gave you the impression he cared and shared feelings with you.

My doctor can not hide his narcissistic personality traits. I have even seen a nurse role her eyes when he started again about his accomplishments. Other patients joke about his narcissism. It is obvious he has a narcissistic personality disorder - a personality disorder that on the other hand triggers my mental problems, it seems. Having said all that: it is absurd that I experience feelings of 'love' for him. But when he holds me and hugs me and how he talks to me when I see him, it is like I'm dealing with a different person. Narcissistic yes, but a narcissist that seems to care for me . Then the entire sequence of abandonment starts again and I feel excruciating hurt, and that brief moment of affection he shows me in his office starts to lead its own, silly life. I take it with me, envisioning he hugs me when I am afraid or when I can't sleep from anxiety over my disease. I start to envision him as a caring, loving person, that cares for me. (The way I run off with this fantasy says all about the state of my mental health ).
Rachelle1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
precaryous