Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 30, 2019 at 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eskielover View Post
The difference is that you are willing to get help for the issues that could cause homelessness. When a person is totally unwilling to get the help they need then there are consequences. We cannot control those consequences. We can't FORCE someone to get help at her age. It is SAD she chooses not to get needed help & probably continually creates those guilt feelings in the trail she leaves behind her. We can not be responsible for caring for others when we struggle to financially be responsible for ourself. Sad when people end up in situations like that.

I had that similar situation with my EX- H. Stay & myself be destroyed or leave & let him destroy himself. I contacted his parents after I left but they wanted to hear nothing of it & I was their "bad guy" for leaving(never been happier than after I left). Sometimes relief totally overshadows any bad feelings about what we "have to do" for our own best well being.
But Eskie, it doesn't even sound like she has the faculties to be making these decisions about care for herself. It's unfair to say she has to suffer the consequences when she is too ill to be making the decisions. She sounds like she needs to be hospitalized, involuntarily, if necessary.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote