Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default May 31, 2019 at 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innerzone View Post
I am also one to go out alone all the time. I go where I want, when I want.

Count me among those who prefer guys as friends. Always have. Now, mind you, as I've gotten older, it is harder to make friends of any sort. A major part of my discomfort with women (in general) has to do with "lady talk". OMG, how it bores me! And squealing (like in greeting... really freaks me out). I've literally crawled under tables to get away from "lady talk". And yup, at gatherings, you'll find me hanging out with the guys.

In recent times, I have been in a living situation with 2 males and 2 females. One of the females can't fathom how I manage without women friends. I just have to shrug. I do like both the females very much, and this is kind of a new thing for me. Work in progess, lol.

As someone else mentioned, I also prefer nerds. I tend to like people in the middle. Not too macho, not too girly. My most recent best friend (a decade ago, he died) was a gay guy. We got on SO well! We were both creatives and had a shared thinking process that I'd never met anyone else with.

Well, that's my story. I may be a bit unusual, but I don't think I'm unbalanced.

Ennie, I can understand your feeling the way you do about your situation. I'd feel that way regardless of their gender. It's more about the behavior imo.
I can’t stand small talk either. Regardless of gender. My husband laughs at me how much I hate small talk. Lol

I think the key is to find groups of people who share similar interests and outlooks.

I enjoy company of other artists with whom I can talk about art and also bookworms with whom I can talk about books, also people well travelled with whom I can discuss places we visited. It doesn’t matter men or women but my friends come from the same circles as me. For me the key is being selective in who I am friends with and it works very well for me. Perhaps I am too selective but life is too short to be friends with whoever but it doesn’t mean it must be specific gender.

I am very friendly with everyone, it’s in my nature but it doesn’t mean everyone is my friend. Nope. It takes more than that.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Innerzone