View Single Post
guilloche
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2014
2,704 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 01, 2019 at 12:53 PM

Oh, wow. Splitimage, I'm really glad that she's gone too - for your own health and sanity.

I agree, it's sad. I wish that we (as a culture/planet) had better ways to help people - not just with mental illness, but with poverty, with social skills, with figuring out who they are, and with health problems. I kind of feel like the world is a pretty screwed up place, and there aren't really a lot of good safety nets for most of us.

But, you absolutely have to take care of your self and your sanity (and your home - I assume that if she continued to break the rental agreements, or scream at people, that you could have gotten evicted too).

I feel sad for her, but also absolutely think you did the right thing. It's hard.

I think that's part of the problem with mental illness - what happens when you're ill, but can't recognize it and don't want treatment? Who gets to decide that you're "too ill" and take you in, involuntarily, for treatment? It's not easy.

Good luck in finding a new person for the room. I hope you can find someone who is healthier, and easy to live with!
guilloche is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
splitimage