View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Jun 02, 2019 at 07:06 PM

So sorry that you and your daughter have experienced this unwanted touching. It is indeed gross behavior as you astutely pointed out. It was not your fault and had nothing to do with her trying to get to the bin. What exactly did she do to your 7 year old daughter? Does your husband know about this? Sounds like both of you need to sit her down and talk about bodily autonomy and that any further unwanted touching of your daughter or yourself will be reported to the police.

She has no right to touch you or anyone else against their will. You already told her to stop and she continued and also crossed the line with a minor. This is not okay at all and actually illegal. Her continued behavior indicates that she does not care about boundaries....it's not a simple misunderstanding. This is predatory behavior. I don't know why she enjoys engaging in predatory behavior and I'm not sure the reason matters. It's simply not okay.

I think a useful question here is what would you or your husband have done if a male relative inappropriately touched your daughter? Or you? Smacked either of you from behind or ran his hand near your groin or whispered in your ear about what he does with his underwear drawer.....what would you do? I'm guessing the response would be very different though perhaps I'm wrong. Being a woman does not make unwanted touching more okay or tolerable than if a man were to do that. I think legally what she has done is deemed as sexual assault.....touching anyone's body against their will/without consent.

Is this someone you or your daughter should be in the same room with?

Peace and best wishes to you

Last edited by Anonymous44076; Jun 02, 2019 at 07:58 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Iloivar