View Single Post
Poiuytl

Member Since May 2019
Default Jun 03, 2019 at 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanycats View Post

I've specifically got a Part, actually (and this is one with whom I am always co-conscious) who tends to do this. It's very important to her that things be "proven" before she can accept them (although I'm not honestly sure she can accept anything, but she believes that she will if only things are backed up by enough evidence). She is a master information collector -- HUGE into planning and backup plans and backup backup plans. It used to be very hard for me to recognize when she takes over, because she is also convinced that she is me & with the co-consciousness, it's like... this major blending type of hijack that was super difficult to identify.

I am not sure if this response will be valued as constructive, but I'll go ahead anyway:

This part you describe, I can only say, I am almost certain I don't have multiple parts, but I sometimes wish I had them. Sounds like a super power to me. This woman you describe, I once met someone like her, and loved her dearly, but she ended up totally rejecting me, because,even though I would, I could not follow her, and offer her that security, those backup plans and stuff that she desired. A planner she was also - I am kind of planning disabled (hence depressive), so I loved her planning, even though I did not share in it, and her plans had little to do with my desires.

I now wish I had such a person as a part inside of me - I would only have to learn to rely on her (which I could, because she would be part of me), so I would not have to relate to others, who would finally always end up rejecting me, because I am too difficult, and they are NOT part of me...

I hope I make sense here. Do I ?
Poiuytl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rive1976