View Single Post
TishaBuv
Legendary

Member Since Dec 2014
1,873 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 03, 2019 at 08:33 AM

My mother did a lot of things that were verbally and emotionally abusive. I always said I would never do any of that. I did find myself doing one thing she did and basically I traumatized myself from my inability to stop being like her. Having watched her do it ingrained something so deep in me that I involuntarily did it, too! I knew I was acting wrong, didn’t want to, but couldn’t stop.

Eventually, I got over the struggle, giving in and giving up, realizing nothing I do or say makes a difference anyway. So, I accepted the way things are and am not carrying on like my mother anymore. Plus, I started taking an anxiety med that is working wonders!

HappyCrafter— All the information about bullies say they were themselves bullied. It seems bullying others is a reaction to being bullied. The way you acted was human nature. The fact that you got help and improved yourself is very admirable. You give hope that we can all improve. I improved, too, because I wanted to.

I had unhelpful experiences with therapists. I vented away on here, read every psych article I could, and just worked and am still working on myself. Plus, the pill is magic!

Hugs from:
happysobercrafter

Thanks for this!
happysobercrafter, MuseumGhost