Thread: Welbutrin
View Single Post
Paracelsus

Member Since Dec 2015
Default Jun 03, 2019 at 11:12 AM

wellbutrin is good at giving a pattern of dopamine to your daily cycle of living. it is the only antidepressant that takes on depression from this angle (other than amphetamine off label as PRN for depression). dopamine is really important for mood and wellbutrin is just as good as SSRI medication on average. you don't get the same side effects on wellbutrin as you do with SSRIs. a lot of people say SSRIs dull their emotions and wellbutrin doesn't do that. in fact wellbutrin made me happy enough and motivated enough to create a decent youtube playlist of my favorite songs once. I remember staying a little more organized on my calendar also.

the reason i stopped taking wellbutrin. partly, because stimulant medication works better for me. but also because wellbutrin has the potential some days to trigger just a little too much energy for comfort. it's like one too many cups of coffee. at least that's it felt like to me. it was calming as if it was replenishing something in my brain. it's a decent drug and one of the easier ones to get off.
Paracelsus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote