View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Jun 03, 2019 at 03:22 PM

I don't know as there is anything I can offer with regard to this. But I noticed your post had yet to receive a reply. So I thought I would. I'm not sure what to suggest as far as talking to your doctor about your ADHD concern. I guess you just tell her / him & perhaps ask about arranging for some testing?

I recall, several years ago now, mentioning my own concerns regarding my declining mental capabilities to the pdoc I was seeing at the time. He simply wrote, on a piece of paper, the name & phone number for a person he knew of who did psychological testing & handed it to me. That was it. (I never followed up on it.) About all the pdoc I was seeing did was to prescribe & monitor psych med's. So anything beyond that was something I had to make arrangements for myself.

Depending on what type of doctor it is you're seeing, & how that doctor conducts her / his practice, you may have a similar experience I suppose. Or perhaps you'll find your doctor takes a more proactive approach. That would certainly be nice. Here are links to 3 articles, from PC's archives, on the subject of ADHD in adults:

ADHD: Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Guide | Psych Central

Bipolar Disorder and ADHD: Hyperfocus | Bipolar Laid Bare

The Biggest Lesson I've Learned in Managing My ADHD

"I may be older but I am not wise / I'm still a child's grown-up disguise / and I never can tell you what you want to know / You will find out as you go." (from: "A Nightengale's Lullaby" - Julie Last)
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote