Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2017
9,711 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 03, 2019 at 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfrog View Post
I'll get us started by sharing that I got triggered so badly by a mother's day sign I saw on a flower shop sign a couple of weeks ago that I had to come home and call my therapist to get me through the flashback and resulting dissociative episode it brought on.

Here I am, 25+ years into what is supposed to be a healing and recovery process and it can all be undone by a fricking sign! ... My therapist and I eventually got me re-grounded and came up with a plan to help me get through because I was going to have to see that sign every damn day until it gets taken down, so we decided it was okay for me to anger at it (and even fantasize about running over it) ... Every time I drove past it I'd firmly state ... Eff my mother, Eff mother's day, and Eff your Effing sign!

It actually did help a little bit, but no amount of wishing, wanting or angering will ever undo the permanent damage that Effing "B" did to me ... Also, I hate it when people tell me she "gave me life" ... Eff that too! ... She may have given me life, but then she spent the next 33.5 years raping, beating and brutalizing it out of me ... So y'all that say that to me can go Eff yourselves too!

I still get nightmare from the abuse
Buffy01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous41006, Bill3

Thanks for this!
Bill3