View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Trig Jun 03, 2019 at 09:58 PM

And would you like to chat?

I've been reading through some of PsychCentral's archived posts on the subject of psychopathy in an attempt to find some insights from psychopaths. And I found some real gems, but the authors have long since departed.

Anyway... I've been going back and forth on whether or not I'm a psychopath for ages. Since the early teen years (I'm late 20s). I even risked taking a personality test to find out, and it indicated that I had all the hallmarks of a psychopath. To be clear, this was a formal diagnostic tool that my therapist had me take. It wasn't the MMPI, but it was a similar behemoth of a test that took something like 4 or 5 hours to complete. I thought this would've settled the matter. After all, who am I to argue with an educated professional? But no, stubborn as I am, I reasoned that the test and both of my therapists (the first one dumped me) must've been wrong somehow.

Why? Because I have feelings. I cry very easily. Pretty much anytime a dog dies in a movie, I, without any semblance of shame, will sob like a lost child. When my dog died, I wallowed in despair on my couch for two days. I get anxious sometimes when doing something new, where I feel out of my depth or not in control. On the other hand, I watched a man bleed to death in front of me (motorcycle accident), and I felt basically nothing. Also, admittedly, when I cry over a movie or some really sad meme, it seems a bit shallow. I don't know how to explain it. It's more like a knee-jerk response rather than a true feeling.

I'm at a loss. I don't know if what I feel is normal or how to find out. So I thought I'd come ask the psychopaths, to any who may be reading. Do you feel anything at all? Do you ever get anxious or sad? And if so, what caused it? To what extent did you feel it?
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster, feb2020user, MickeyCheeky