View Single Post
childofchaos831
Elder

Member Since Nov 2016
15 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 04, 2019 at 03:38 AM

I always thought everyone had people in their head and that it was normal. It wasn't until I started seeing my first pdoc that I realized hearing voices of the people that live inside your body with you was not only abnormal but that it was rare to have those people at all. When I was diagnosed with DID, I went into shock for a bit. I didn't know how to take it. My normal wasn't normal. It was pathological. It was a disorder. When the pdoc asked if I ever heard things that other people couldn't hear, I actually resonded, "ya, doesn't everybody?" It was strange to think that I was different.

I also thought that losing time was normal and everyone experienced it. It's one of those things that if we don't talk about it, we never know it's not the norm. But since we think it's normal, why bring it up, you know?

Were taught that time is linear. That it goes in a straight line, constant. But for us, the people that dissociate, that constant aspect isn't there. Time is still linear, but it skips around sometimes. Friday turns into Sunday. Tuesday turns into Saturday. No recollection of what happened to the days in between. The days still happened, we just can't remember.

Diagnoses:
PTSD with Dissociative Symptoms, Borderline Personality Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Pain
childofchaos831 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote