View Single Post
Anonymous41006

Exclamation Jun 04, 2019 at 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiuytl View Post
Are you taking a lot of medication for your arthritis, Pfrog?

I have some experience with arthritis, and when I started with medication, everything went from bad to worse. When I started examining what I ate, and observed pain reactions to certain foods, and started watching my diet, things got much better.

I feel for you, it's such a debilitating disease! But hearing that it was only discovered by accident, and then got progressively worse makes me suspicious.
Other than an occasional Extra Strength Tylenol, Aleve, or a dose of Nyquil (every now and then to help me get a good night's rest), I'm not taking anything because I figure if it's not going to fix the problem then why expose my liver and kidneys to the risk of injury too!

With that being said, though, I often wonder if all the psychiatric meds I took for 15 or so years (with their outrageous physical side effects), as well as the severe allergic reaction I had to an antibiotic 10 years ago (that actually did almost permanently TKO my kidneys) didn't cause and contribute to all this.

Like you, I've also started paying attention to my diet and keeping track of (and avoiding) foods that give me those extra painful flareups! ... Pizza's a no go ... Still working on getting off of sugar - because it hurts BIG TIME too ... Nor is red meat a friend to me.

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Blknblu, Gus1234U