View Single Post
TunedOut
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 04, 2019 at 06:06 AM

Some guys prefer women who carry some weight rather than thin women. I really do think this is true. I am sure my husband has this preference. I enjoy his complements and time with him even undressed.

I prefer the way I look when I lose some weight. My weight has gone up and down at times in my life because of this. My current belief is that we do look and feel better, regardless of our weight, when we are eating nutritionally and exercising. Studies show that even if you are overweight (which increases your odds of getting type 2 diabetes) you can cut your risk of type 2 diabetes if you exercise regularly. Plus exercise puts those curves in more attractive places. My current thinking is that it is better to eat nutritiously and eat enough to satisfy our hunger and have energy. Most diets where you lose weight by going hungry are counterproductive. The gains (more attractive appearance?) are short term and unhealthy. I have found that having a well rounded exercise routine does stabilize my weight because by retaining my muscle mass, I keep my metabolism healthy allowing me to eat until I my hunger is satisfied without ballooning. (Also, I have to be mindful about whether of not I am eating to satisfy real hunger or to soothe my emotions.)

With age, I have learned to accept myself better. Hopefully, you will too!
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Travelinglady