View Single Post
dannypk16

Member Since Feb 2019
Default Jun 04, 2019 at 08:30 AM

I'm not diagnosed with ASPD, and you can't really know if you're a psychopath or sociopath, as these terms are just theories. Psychopaths, as well as sociopaths, can feel, not as intense as the average and not the same feelings, but still they can. Sociopaths tend to be more anxious, stressed out and out of control, while psychopaths tend to be more laidback. However, psychopaths can still get out of control, as they've got a low frustration control.

So, anyone diagnosed with ASPD, as well as psychopaths and sociopaths may feel. I don't even think it's possible to not feel anything at all. Since the existence of psychopathy and sociopathy is not clinically stated, the diagnosis of ASPD is used. ASPD is mainly behaviour-based, and doesn't necessarily involve personality, so you might be able to feel more or less, and you would still be antisocial, as it's behaviour, not personality. Psychopathy and sociopathy however are personality and behaviour based.

I can't really give you personal experiences as I'm not diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure anyone here will say they do feel and get anxious, sad and such.
dannypk16 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster, Raven22386