View Single Post
Anonymous49426

Default Jun 04, 2019 at 09:13 AM

I haven't read any of the replies yet, so apologies if I'm being repetitive to anything anyone else has said.

My gym offers morning (early and late morning) exercise classes. There are also different exercise groups like walking, running, swimming, basketball. If you like to exercise, or want to for mood, that might be a consideration for you, if you have an affordable gym in your area that also offers lots of different social things.

I hear you on the afternoon social groups. I took a Polish class once, and I was the only non-retired (but not working) person, and it was awkward. Its good you are open to different people though, while also wanting to protect yourself and be comfortable.

Yes. I was going to suggest volunteering, but I hear you on not being ready for that.

Yes there are meet up groups that meet more towards the after work scene. Not all. I personally have found meet up to be a drag, and difficult to find what I'm looking for, so I hear you. I say don't give up on it though. There's no perfect thing.

Do you go to church or want to go to church? Not sure if you are religious or spiritual. If not there may be a humanitarian group in our area (for those who are atheist and agnostic but also spiritual).

There are some organizations in my own area, for people with mental health issues. That can come with its own set of issues, like not being able to truly connect with some people, because of the issues they have and things they are struggling with. But this is something I sometimes utilize.

I also see the value in going out in nature, in a public place to write or knit. Or to a coffee shop by myself.

Speaking of nature, nature centers here have social activities for people as well.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous46341