View Single Post
Anonymous43089

Default Jun 04, 2019 at 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannypk16 View Post
So, anyone diagnosed with ASPD, as well as psychopaths and sociopaths may feel. I don't even think it's possible to not feel anything at all. Since the existence of psychopathy and sociopathy is not clinically stated, the diagnosis of ASPD is used. ASPD is mainly behaviour-based, and doesn't necessarily involve personality, so you might be able to feel more or less, and you would still be antisocial, as it's behaviour, not personality. Psychopathy and sociopathy however are personality and behaviour based.

I can't really give you personal experiences as I'm not diagnosed, but I'm pretty sure anyone here will say they do feel and get anxious, sad and such.
Thanks. I didn't mean to imply that psychopaths are entirely bereft of emotion, but I was under the impression that anxiety and sadness, particularly sadness for others, was something that psychopaths very rarely experienced, which is why they're capable of committing rather daring crimes. But I get pretty nervous in certain situations, like stage fright and the like. Normal things. I can't imagine a psychopath would have the emotional capacity for that, but maybe I'm wrong.

My history is squeaky clean for someone who tests as a psychopath, but I think that has more to do with lack of opportunity than anything else. There wasn't much of a criminal enterprise where I grew up, and the few criminal types we did have were contemptibly stupid. I've had a few run-ins with the police, but nothing major.

Duping delight, on the other hand... I've got that in ****ing spades, such that people who know me well have remarked that I only truly smile when I'm being devious. And it's true. I get all giddy and excited in ways that I've never experienced under any other circumstance.

I also react rather poorly to frustration. Like, throwing things at a wall in a fit of rage "poorly." Those moments are rare, though, and the rage fits never last more than a few minutes.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Atypical_Disaster