View Single Post
Poiuytl

Member Since May 2019
Default Jun 05, 2019 at 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
Happy? No. That is no way to live at all! I bounced around from here to there with no control over my self or the situations I found myself in. Life was chaotic, completely unpredictable and I was helpless to do anything at all about it. I had no control over staying or going. Life happened of its own accord and I had no say or control or influence over anything that came before or anything that was to come afterwards.

There were times when I TRIED to control it. I remember there were times as a child when I TRIED to "stay". But I learned that I couldn't, that I didn't. So I just worked with what I had, which was (for my personal experience) the ever-present NOW. (Which in actuality if you haven't picked it up yet was "seldom".) But whenever I was, wherever I was, that was MY now and that was all I focused on.

But no, I was certainly not "happy".
I guess my interpretation came from the wording, which sounded carefree somehow, and quite poetic. And that poetic aspect made me forget about the everyday practicality of time bound activities, ideas about regularity etc. The fact that society demands time-observance and rewards you with quality of life.

And the second reason for my misperception was maybe that so many people feel so harassed by time that they turn to all sorts of practices like meditation and mindfulness to reach that magic state of NOW. You know "in the here and now" and such...

So here I hear from a person who has that build in - sounded very attractive to me. I want to commend you on your language.

I'd love to compose an electronic music track with your text spoken over it. Like, very 80's !
Poiuytl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote