Thread: Welbutrin
View Single Post
still_crazy
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2016
3,342 hugs
given
Default Jun 05, 2019 at 12:28 PM

i found it helpful. towards the tail end of treatment, i felt jittery and ditched it. looking back...maybe I could have just done w/ a dosage reduction? dosage seems to vary wildly, up to 450mgs/day. above, there's a -very- real risk of seizures, compared to other available treatments. now and then its too much for some people to contend with...that's true of all the antidepressants. some are too stimulating, some too sedating, some too numbing...

i will say that Prozac at a low dose has been better for ruminations and obsessive stuff, for -me- . wellbutrin might not be ideal if your depression involves loads of agitation, anxiety, etc. a former psychiatrist told me its 2nd or 3rd line for some forms of ADD/ADHD, which kind of makes sense. i lost a couple pounds, no big thing...if eating disorders have been an issue in your life, I think its officially not recommended, but its up to the prescribing doctor, obviously. less apathy and numbing than zoloft for me, but...when i dropped it, i did notice that there had been -some- apathy, just nothing as extreme as high dose zoloft, that's all.

ok. i do hope it helps. it was (is?) once fairly common to see an ssri and wellbutrin prescribed together. i dont know if that's still a common strategy or not.
still_crazy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote