View Single Post
BeyondtheRainbow
Wise Elder

Member Since Apr 2015
9,387 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 05, 2019 at 10:34 PM

I can also tell you this story...I had ankle reconstruction surgery 5 years ago. It was intense surgery with 6 weeks of reclined bedrest with my foot elevated and in a huge cast, then 4 weeks in a walking cast, then 6 weeks in a boot and finally 3 months in a brace. I honestly had no idea how I would handle that; it was 6.5 months from beginning to finishing PT. I had to relearn how to walk after years of walking with an unstable ankle in a hefty brace.

Honestly it was the best thing I've ever done. Once I could exercise it I did as much as i was allowed every day and I got stronger surprisingly fast. The rest of rehab was harder but I made it through and now only have a slight limp, more of a hitch in my step than a limp.

Ortho surgeries are a big deal but they are so worth it when they work.

Make sure they control your pain, even if it is just ibuproferon. They make these ice thingies that really help with knees, let me see if I can find a link......Aircast Knee Cryo/Cuff w/ Gravity Cooler This is a random place and you may be able to get one with a prescription. Some doctors send people home with them and some don't but they really seem to help.

This is a random message. Sorry. Hopefully you'll find a point and if nothing else i've told you about the cyro cuff. I couldn't use one post op because I was in casts but they used them in PT and it felt SO good. With knees I've seen them start using them very early.

Hugs from:
Mopey

Thanks for this!
Mopey