View Single Post
Xynesthesia2
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2019
55 hugs
given
Default Jun 06, 2019 at 08:25 AM

I have a general bias (preference) for interacting with men, especially professionally, although it has evened out quite a bit with time/age. I can regulate how I act on it consciously though and go against my internal current, for the sake of avoiding discrimination at work, for example. But the bias is still often there in my mind and motivation. Both of my Ts were males, now I would consider hiring a female if they seemed competent. There isn't any topic for me that I feel more comfortable discussing with either gender, it is about the individual and how they are as a person. In my early life, I definitely related better with males (including father vs. mother) and had a bunch of bad experiences with girls, I think this exacerbated the bias but not sure it's 100% responsible, probably a lot of basic character traits as well. I actually don't even like when people emphasize that I am a female in any communication other than sexual/romantic and when considering physical differences and limits, I don't have a need to be treated as a woman in an emotional and social sense. At this point of my life I prefer to resist my internal bias and measure/choose based in competency, how someone is suited for a specific purpose, rather than anything about gender.
Xynesthesia2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Omers