View Single Post
PurpleRutabega

Member Since Jun 2019
Default Jun 06, 2019 at 08:34 PM

It's been 2 months since I laid eyes on him. I've no desire to see him again. (Neither do the kids.)

Life's easier, really, without him around. The kids & I aren't constantly trying to manage his emotions... we don't have to worry about the stuipd STUFF that would set him off.... The kids & I have found our balance, and it's like it's always been just us.

I start work next week... (Wish me luck -- it looks like a good job.)

So suddenly, today, I find myself grieving him like he were dead.

We were together for 15 years, married 14....A lot of it was good. Most of it, maybe. But.

Last time I saw my shrink, she asked if I had any desire to see him again. I was very quick/firm in my "no". And then I said the best thing he could do for us would be to die.

If he died, we could move on with our lives.... the kids & I could remember the good & forget the bad. It would simplify so much....

That's not at all the same as me wishing him dead, mind you. It's just admitting that yeah, it would be a lot SIMPLER than the coming months & years are going to be. (Not to mention, things would be simpler financially, as well.)

So today, better part of a week later, suddenly, I'm both overwhelmed with everything that's coming up, and.... grieving.

For all those moments... you know?

I still don't want to see him again.... ever. (I know, I'll have to... )

But that doesn't mean I wasn't in love with him, once. That he couldn't be amazing when he wanted to be. That there weren't times when we just FIT....

*sigh*

And, of course, I don't get to show any of this in fron to f the kids. Because I'm Mom, and I have to keep it together... Because me being able to handle whatever gets thrown at us is what gets THEM through. My firstborn is having anxiety attacks already... I need to be her rock.

And now, in the midst of her having anxiety attacks, I am going to start work. To be away, for huge chunks of the day. *sigh* (I start Monday. Did I say already?)

Whole thing is a mess, and my emotions are so mixed up right now..... Just needed somepalce safe and anonymous to come let some of it out.
PurpleRutabega is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949, marycarmen