Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Dec 2014
1,277 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 06, 2019 at 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden_eve View Post
This may be superficial sounding, but I am very attracted to my husband! He's both very handsome and cute in my mind and there's definitely a chemistry between us. A physical reaction and real chemistry. We basically do it for each other. You don't always get that in a relationship, plus companionship. We have that. .. on the plus side. And for me attraction is very very important. I cannot be in a relationship without that spark of chemistry. I realize this is not everything that makes something work, but it certainly helps.
Not superficial. It’s important. Most certainly chemistry and physical attraction have to be there, otherwise might as well be friends, not lovers. Unsure how to conduct a relationship without chemistry and if people actually do that. It sounds more like friendship. How do you even get intimate without chemistry.

Saying that the most intense chemistry I ever fell was for people who were the most wrong for me. I talked to a therapist about it and she said it’s common, and I am not alone in it, so it’s not just me. Our bodies subconsciously respond to what’s familiar. Often familiar is unhealthy pattern, unhealthy relationship pattern, often stems from family of origin. When we meet somebody who could be healthy and good for us it doesn’t always feel familiar so we might not subconsciously respond as strongly. If we stick it out it though it could grow into strong love that is sustainable. I am not saying feeling strong chemistry is wrong, it is just never enough to provide feelings of fulfillment and true happiness in a long run. I most certainly attracted to my husband or I’d not bother but I am a bit cautious when I hear about most intense chemistry.
divine1966 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
seesaw