View Single Post
Poiuytl

Member Since May 2019
Default Jun 07, 2019 at 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLess47 View Post
I can understand that desire. It is a mixed thing for me. I remember very little from childhood. And when I think about it, I cringe. So I never want to see old pictures, reminisce, talk about old times. And yet...I'm also trapped by obsessing over the future. Making lists. Worrying about what if's. Thinking about tomorrow even if I have won the lottery today. Still, worry, fretting.

So in this moment, here. I am often confused. My life is good now, I remind myself. Yet...I am still so compartmentalized, that "now" doesn't relate to "then" or "later." Yet.... Yet... Working on it....

FearLess47
I worry too. I am just quite dysfunctional in certain ways, so my life keeps falling apart all the time. Come to think of it, maybe because I worry too little, or unsystematically. In any case, the worrier, maybe a bit like the body checker, or the backup backup planner, they really strike a chord in me, they touch my heart. Like the worrying squirrel in Felix Salten's Bambi. Or like squirrels in general with these stories of how they worry in the summer and hide nuts everywhere, then forget their caches in the winter, and trees grow. Obsessive. But they need to be. Or rather, it is their nature, and it makes them useful and loveable.
Poiuytl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Amyjay, FearLess47