View Single Post
QueenConfusion

Member Since Apr 2019
8 hugs
given
Chat Jun 07, 2019 at 02:38 PM

I could have missed a similar post to this so if I did, my apologies.

At times, I want to share my system with others in my life to let them know whats going on and that I don't mean to just "disappear" at times. I've been nicknamed BumbleBee before one moment I'm there, the next I'm fluttering off somewhere else. Every now and then I flutter back like I never left. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but friends of the host are sometimes not friends of the parts. Lately I've been stressed to the max so I'm not in the driver seat. I've been leaning on my squad to pop in for me quite a bit which means I don't talk to my acquaintances as consistently anymore.

Other times, or should I say the rest of the times, I don't want to say a word and would rather stay internalized. I try not to get close to people or get on deep topics because I don't want them to be around long enough for a possible switch. I have told a few people very close to me and 2 out of 4 went very well as I was surprised at how they handled my news. Both saying it made so much sense....tell me about it. The other two, not so much. And I don't want to raise that number and possibly hurt myself or my system. It does get a little externally lonely at times. I've had some rude people come up to me saying I'm acting weird or that I have a strange look in my eye. That's probably because with their approach, they triggered one of my protectors.

As far as my system, it seems like the feelings are mixed as well. Some want to share and just BLAH to everyone (maybe the younger parts), others are like 'Nope!', and then I'm drawing blanks in the middle of conversations. I take the 'Nope!' route as my default 96% of the time.

How do you handle disclosing to others or not disclosing?