View Single Post
HatsuneMiku

Member Since Jun 2019
4 hugs
given
Trig Jun 08, 2019 at 12:39 AM

I am 22 and have moved back in with my mom. We both have depression and anxiety, she has PTSD, which does affect our relationship quite often. She brings up past issues and events often, mainly bad stuff that happened years ago.
Possible trigger:
I know it hurts her, and she hurts me sometimes by lashing out. Last night we were talking about my job situation, which is stressing us both out. I was frustrated at the situation and she misinterpreted a couple things I said, she took those as personal attacks towards her instead, which was not my intention at all.

She started arguing with me, saying how she wants to break the lease here and go her own way, possibly leaving me homeless and nowhere to go. I only work part time, the boss only employs part time workers and will not give me more hours. I have no healthcare or insurance at all, don't have a car. I have emailed the section 8 housing authority regarding the situation and I'm waiting for a response. We are on section 8 and food stamps, she also receives an SSI settlement.

I think she overreacted this time and believe she lashed out at me not only because of me, but because of her own abusive childhood, her thoughts that she's a bad parent towards my brother and me, a failure in general, and other types of abuse from my dad and other people that have also really hurt her. Tonight I stopped by the grocery store and bought her flowers, came home and gave her the flowers and apologized for any hurt that I had caused her. I also stated out issues between us, ones that she was arguing with me last night about, and suggested solutions and ways to move forward and heal together. She went to the kitchen and took her sleeping medicine, then ignored me until she fell asleep. I was very hurt by her inability to help me heal the situation, and felt pushed away. I'm not sure what to do anymore and really need advice.

I'm not able to move in with other family either. My dad was also very abusive and he is not in my life. My brother is getting help through a facility and program, he's my only sibling. Don't know anyone on my dad's side. With my mom's side, my uncle had molested me when I was 12, after speaking up about it, my entire mom's side (aunts, uncles, grandma) took his side and refuses to talk to me or help me in any way. I have asked a couple friends if they knew anyone who needs a roommate since I may need to move in with someone until section 8 and food stamps kicks in for me, they said they will ask around their friends for me.

I would like to help repair the broken relationship with my mom, but I need her to talk to me and help with the healing process. She's basically the only blood family member I have left, she knows it too. She's not perfect and neither am I, we have both hurt each other. But she refuses to talk to me through those issues. idk what to do now.

Last edited by bluekoi; Jun 08, 2019 at 10:18 AM.. Reason: Add triggger icon. Apply trigger code.
HatsuneMiku is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, Nammu, unaluna

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky