View Single Post
TunedOut
Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 08, 2019 at 01:35 AM

I have lied (usually through ommission or deflection) when a difficult person expects me to do something I do not want to do or wants me to share something that I have a right to keep private (sometimes these difficult people use me to find out information about others). I am not a very good liar but I am pretty good at deflection.

I have also lied in order to not hurt others feelings. I think others have lied to me in order to spare my feelings as well. I think others may have done this for me on PC. I think my therapist has done this. Sometimes the motivation for these lies is that we don't want to devastate or hurt the other person. We want to make the other person to feel better. An example of this kind of lie would be when I ask my therapist if I am normal and she assures me I am. I do not hold that "lie" against her. Her motivation is that she is trying to build my confidence. This is when having the ability to sense others emotions becomes helpful. My gut tells me my therapist genuinely likes me and is trying to help me which allows me not to hold the lie against her. Perhaps she has determined through intuition or experience that discussing why I am not normal would be counterproductive.

Last edited by TunedOut; Jun 08, 2019 at 01:52 AM..
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
speckofdust, Sunflower123