View Single Post
ACrystalGem

Member Since Dec 2015
105 hugs
given
Default Jun 08, 2019 at 07:55 AM

I’ve told my 3 closest friends about my diagnosis, and I’m willing to answer any question they have. One of my friends has asked about the Alters quite a bit, and they seem pleased with our progress. The reason I’ve told my friends is that I have no other physical support (apart from my therapist) since I ran away from my violent & abusive family, and since then I haven’t had any other family or close people to speak of. I know that if something happened to me, or if I ended up in a (mental) hospital, I’d have 3 people on my side to help me out, who know everything about my past and my present situation. I don’t mind sharing about my other mental health issues, and have done so in some zines and online stories/blogs I’ve written, but apart from the people above, DID is something I rarely speak of. It is a scary thing to most folk in the UK (only ever seen in horror films)

Hugs from:
FearLess47

Thanks for this!
Amyjay, FearLess47, QueenConfusion