View Single Post
Anonymous44076

Default Jun 08, 2019 at 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iloivar View Post
If the posts from the ignored user is harmless, ignoring the user would suffice imo. If it's not, there's always the report function.

I suppose you could politely tell them to stop posting in your threads. If you simply ignore them on your threads, they might eventually come to the realization. The former option is quicker. But my intuition is that directly confronting them is more likely to elicit... emotionally charged responses. It might be politely worded, but in the end you're still telling them to stop contriburing ro your threads.

Or.. they could ask you "why am i on your ignore list? ;( " and you explain yourself, to which they respond, "I will change my ways!! :* and everyone lives happily ever after

I may have stayed awake too long
Thanks Iliovar. Now that Unaluna pointed out what probably happened with Tapatalk and Atisketatasket has responded, I will not contact the member directly. Though I do not agree with your point that politely drawing a line with someone is the same as being confrontational. There is a difference between being proactive and being aggressive. Though on a faceless online forum, everything is quite different from the offline world which is why I asked the question.

And we don't tell people why they are on Ignore lists because there is no need. Different strokes for different folks. It's not a punishment or judgment. DocJohn and the mods have been very clear about that

Thanks for this!
Iloivar