View Single Post
still_crazy
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2016
3,342 hugs
given
Default Jun 08, 2019 at 07:42 PM

hi. rexulti and vraylar are both very new. some people already swear by them. my only problems are...a) cost and b) no long term data, yet. my concern would be that if abilify induced insomnia, rexulti (or vraylar) might, also. or not. i think rexulti can increase prolactin...but so do most antipsychotics. abilify i think can lower prolactin levels a bit from baseline...i have no idea what that translates to, in terms of overall health and well-being.

anyway...abilify and the new D2 partial agonists are supposed to provide symptom control with less...of the downside of antipsychotics, basically (weight gain, depression, slowed thinking, etc.). works wonders for some, proves to be a nightmare for others. its kind of strange to me that your psychiatrist would jump a rexulti, instead of maybe considering Abilify, with a short term sedative or something. i am prescribed a low dose of gabapentin to take as needed with abilify. i recall one doctor...he'd use low dose thorazine when starting abilify treatment. to me, that sounds like punishment, but he swore by it.
still_crazy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote