Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 09, 2019 at 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deejay14 View Post
My doc told me: Rule #1- do not nap at all during the day. #2 no caffeine after noon time.
The thing is, this is what your doc told you knowing your medical history. Based on the type of insomnia or if any kind of sleep disorder is involved, this could be ill-advised.

Blanche, have you seen a doctor at all about the insomnia? How long has it been going on?

I know for me, with my sleep disorder, which is different than anxiety-induced or pms-induced insomnia, but with anxiety I have tried CBD oil, and that does seem to help me relax and quiet the anxiety at night. So perhaps that could help. It sounds like you've already attempted to modify your sleep hygiene with no positive result. I know how frustrating that is.

I am having luck with CBD oil, straight CBD no THC. It does not get you high, it just produces a calming effect. As someone with multiple panic attacks a day, I can say it's been effective for me in producing a relaxed state.

Someone recommended to me something I tried before as a tea but they said to actually get the root extract from a vitamin shop, is Valerian root. If you try it, let me know how it works out.

If this has been going on for some time, aside from the PMS-induced, it could be good to get a doctor involved if you haven't already. I know I wish I had followed up on my sleep study two years ago before I lost insurance, because now I have to convince a new doctor to do one.

This might sound funny, but it does help me to put a boring documentary on the TV and fall asleep to it. If I wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep, sometimes the droning of some monotone narrator tends to lull me back into sleep. Lol.

Hope this helps! Sorry you are suffering!

Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote