View Single Post
FearLess47

Member Since Apr 2019
267 hugs
given
Default Jun 09, 2019 at 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust90 View Post
Thank you all for your replies and words of reassurance.
I understand this forum cannot diagnose based on a single description, I just wanted to know if others have had similar experiences and how the feeling could be relieved.
I couldn't identify any kind of traumatic or stressful event that would have caused the symptoms. Thankfully the feeling began to subside by that night and I woke up feeling normal the next day.
I spoke to my GP and he doesn't believe it was a medication interaction or seizures, but a migraine "postdrome". Excess serotonin due to a medication interaction results in different symptoms to mine. I am to see my neurologist to inform him, just to be safe, in case the experience was a result of seizure activity but it's unlikely.
It felt like I would be like that forever, very unsettling.
I'm glad it has passed. For me, there doesn't always have to be a stressful trigger. I got a flu and cold a couple years ago and had one of the worst episodes of depersonalization of my life. It was scary, and as you mentioned, felt like it would last forever. (It lasted about 6 weeks.)

Good that you are following up with your docs just in case. My two biggest tips for what to do in case it happens again is 1) to let yourself know it won't last forever and 2) find facts in your environment and on your body. "I see that crane, I see that tree with the purple flowers, I'm wiggling my left toes, now my right toes. I see both right and left feet on the ground."

Grounding.

FearLess47

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky