Xynesthesia2
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2019
55 hugs
given
Default Jun 09, 2019 at 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missbella View Post
Some of the strongest people I know become mushy and child-like in the thrall of an “omniscient” personality. They cast logic aside and want to believe.
I have seen this, too. I think part of it can be that those people never actually had a healthy leader they could rely on and trust but they crave it deep down (similar: I know some extremely ambitious, self-sufficient and successful people who became wildly religious at some point in their adult lives).

I have yet to hear Parts 4 and 5, will listen on my commute to work when I usually enjoy podcasts. It is still incredible to me how long such a spell and enmeshment can last and what exactly cements it so much that is can be so persistent. One way I have experienced association that ended up being too long and not so profitable for me was working for an organization that made it quite easy for me to get away with my issues and still do pretty well. But, in some ways, in blocked certain kinds of development for me because, in order to get away with those things and not practice better discipline, I had to comply with certain roles and behind-the-scenes maneuvers that were, at the minimum, ambivalent for me. Lots of complicated financial transactions involved. This whole story is very interesting and helpful for me because I live in the same environment and deal with power-hungry individuals and complicated political manipulations all the time. In the mental health field. It is a great reminder to be vigilant.

The fact that the shrink is still practicing - these podcasts just came out quite recently. Institutions, licensing parties etc won't just get rid of someone quickly without a lot of investigation, and if the guy is in a powerful position in that kind of climate, it is likely that he will find a way unscathed or with relatively minimal damage. If not, he will probably just retire and continue to enjoy the "benefits" of such a career.
Xynesthesia2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
koru_kiwi, missbella, Quietmind 2