View Single Post
TheUrOther

Member Since Jun 2017
Default Jun 09, 2019 at 09:12 PM

The most dominant obstacle I have that prevents people from recognizing my humanity is the fact that people will sooner trust the judgement of strangers rather than my own, simply because the events of my life don't fit into their limited, insulated worldview.

And there is no way to get around that. People won't let go of their false assumptions, because their own identities and understanding of the world are built on those assumptions. There is no way to change the mind of someone so desperate to cling to their false assumptions that they're willing to believe anyone except me to hold onto them.

How am I supposed to survive in an environment that requires human cooperation to survive, yet systematically denies me that cooperation because everyone asserts that I'm a liar, based on provably false premises? I can't convince anyone, because everything I express is assumed to be false. I can't get anyone else to help me, because one of the most fundamental of behaviors is not to assist threats to one's groups, which I am universally perceived to be - or at least that's the only conclusion I can derive from their actions. There is literally no route for me to exit my condition, and that's by design, in the sense that this condition is normally supposed to protect people against actually harmful dangers. It has no way to correct for false positives; from the group's point of view it's better to let the individual die than it is to risk a false negative which may kill the entire group.

I have been trying to solve this problem my entire life, but it seems it deliberately has no solution. Human societies so value their own security that they're willing to discard and let innocent individuals die to ensure the security of the society, no matter the value that individual can give to that society. The value of society's security is, in effect, considered infinite, and anything can be exchanged for it.