Xynesthesia2
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2019
55 hugs
given
Default Jun 10, 2019 at 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koru_kiwi View Post
When i was ready to start having the conversation about termination and asked what the process looked like, my T was quick to point out all my unfinished business i had instead of focusing on any of the positive progress i had made over the years. this really bothered me and my initial reaction after that conversation left a feeling that he was wanting to hold me back and didn't want to encourage me to end 'our' therapy anytime soon. it felt manipulative. and the day that I told him i was ready to officially end, he again responded looking at the negatives, trying to convince me there was till plenty of work to do.
My first T did the same, twice. I terminated after about a bit less than a year, then went back for a couple sessions a year later (he was after me and convinced me) and then I left with a clear message that it was a definitive end and I would never go back. He reacted almost exactly the same way both times, listing his "interpretations" that had really little to do with me and the things he thought should be worked on. The messages also sounded pretty sentimental. Certainly very manipulative and annoying.
Xynesthesia2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
missbella

Thanks for this!
koru_kiwi, Quietmind 2