View Single Post
Rose76
Legendary

Member Since Mar 2011
5,341 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 10, 2019 at 02:38 AM

I'm sorry you are in such a deep awful pit. I don't think you can just medicate your way out of it, but there probably is some medication that could be helpful. I think being able to fall asleep at night is necessary for other things to fall into place. I personally believe that sleep disorders get under-treated. Have you ever taken a drug that let you sleep more normally?

You need to see a doctor. Is financing that a problem for you? Once you start seeing a physician about this, I would encourage you to be persistent. MDs are hesitant to prescribe a lot of medication, but you may need a few controlled substances to break out of your inertia. To get a pdoc to take your difficulties seriously, I would advise that you keep a log. Record your sleep pattern, among other things. This is data your pdoc can use to justify using controlled drugs.

While optimizing what can be gotten out of medication, you also have to see what needs to be changed in your life. Something does. What circumstance led to your problem with depression becoming so very acute now? I understand that this is a life-long problem. However, you probably weren't always this badly depressed. What happened?

Therapy might be helpful, but it can sometimes create the illusion of personal growth, without actually helping a person to grow. I believe there is something you need to change in how you are approaching life. Often a depressed person doesn't want to hear that. It sounds like "blame." But you are empowered when you see that a lot of the control is in your hands. I hope you find a way to start recovering.
Rose76 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky