View Single Post
Anonymous46341

Default Jun 10, 2019 at 10:57 AM

This has gone through my mind a bit lately, but today it really hit me. I have felt better and more stable these past few weeks than I have for years. Several years! I have a really good amount of energy so have been more physically active than I can remember. When I am not doing much, I get this feeling like "BirdDancer, let's do something now!" And then I do it, and I'm enjoying it. In fact, I'm enjoying a lot of things most of the time. But it's not a euphoric type enjoyment. I truly am stable and grounded. I feel more confident about adding more activities to my days. With the decrease of my Seroquel XR from 600 mg to 500 mg, my appetite has reduced enough that I'd call my current Seroquel XR dose "weight neutral" again. This is the fifth day of a strict diet, and I have done great and am actually enjoying the meal planning and food tracking. And the food. I'm even meal planning for my husband. My self-care activities have increased. When I see my therapist tomorrow and she asks how I've been/am, I really can't say anything other than "Truly very good and balanced!" These past weeks my "reports" have been pretty good, as well.

It was kind of odd, as my Seroquel XR dose went down, I was actually sleeping a little more than usual (10 hours per night). I believe I mentioned that here and attributed it to my increased activity, just plain tuckering me out by the end of the day. My sleep length has normalized a bit in the last few days, but "normal" is 8 to 9 hours, and the sleep is very sweet and restorative. I'm ready to go soon after I wake up.

So I guess it may be time for me to add on another activity to my life and see how it goes. I will continue the French classes, and will try to add some more writing in my days. I also want to add one more social event each week.

I see my psychiatrist in two weeks, then he's away for most of six weeks. I believe I'll do well during that period. My therapist said that if something does happen during that period, that she would see me more than usual. She's great! I actually see her every Tuesday, so more than that would likely only happen if a major change happens. I hope not! I think it's accurate for me to say, that she is the best therapist (for me) that I have ever had in my entire 15 years of seeing therapists. I feel like, with her, I could finally reach some bigger goals. I'm very fortunate right now.

Hugs from:
Anonymous41462, fern46, Innerzone, Nammu, Sunflower123, Unrigged64072835, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Innerzone, Sunflower123, Wild Coyote, wildflowerchild25, ~Christina