Grand Poohbah

Member Since May 2019
6,984 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jun 10, 2019 at 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
So, when my mother is truly faced with having run out of money and forced to sell her condo, and I still refuse to help in any way, I will be shunned from the whole family and I know it. So that’s coming. I’ve spend far more energy worrying about this because I know it’s coming than the time and pain it will actually be once it happens. Still, my soul will not let me sell myself out and play into her manipulative game!

I may end up no contact with her eventually by her choice.
I remember back when you were giving her money that that made you suffer more than what is currently happening. At least you understand better the dynamics that are going on. You realize more than your mother who is in denial. Perhaps when she runs out of money and suffers she will realize more. Your sisters may also be in denial and haven't dealt with her as much as you have. You tried to be a good daughter. Pat yourself on the back for that. She isn't going to listen to you and you know it. In the meantime, I think part of what is making you anxious is that you know she is suffering but giving her what she wants wouldn't be good for her and it especially wouldn't be good for you. You shouldn't support her when she is so unappreciative and unsupportive of you and you now realize it. I am sorry.
TunedOut is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous43949

Thanks for this!
Blknblu, TishaBuv